The City of Langdon Place is a Home Rule city government, incorporated on June 28, 1977, located on the east end of Louisville, Kentucky, inside Jefferson County, at the corner of Goose Creek Road and Westport Road. Click here for map.
Our community is comprised of 325 single-family homes and an estimated 950+ residents, who are just minutes away from shopping, supermarkets, hospitals, and entertainment venues and conveniences, including Brownsboro Crossing, Paddock Shops, Springhurst Commons, Springhurst Crossing, Springhurst Towne Center, Norton Children’s Hospital, Norton Hospital Brownsboro, Costco, Westport Plaza, to name a few. With the widening of Westport Road to a 5-lane state highway we have quick access to I-265 and I-264 and to Southern Indiana via the Lewis and Clark (East End) bridge via I-265.
Our city is a mayor-commissioner form of government whereby the mayor
and four city commissioner positions are elected separately. The
mayoral election is held every 4 years on the odd numbered years. The
city council elections are held every 2 years on the even numbered
years. In addition, there are two appointed positions—the city clerk and
city attorney. Langdon Place generates its primary revenue from
collection of property taxes that are used to fund the development and
continuation of many current and future city projects. A few of our
projects are listed below:
- City-wide planting of 450 trees along our city streets for beautification and cooling green affect
- Annual city tree maintenance and treatment program, every 2-3 years
- Implementation of a city-wide metal mailbox system to identify resident’s street address for home deliveries and first responders
- Annual city mailbox repair/paint program to maintain our uniform curb appeal
- Annual city sidewalk and curb repair/replace program to maintain accessibility and safety
- Other ongoing programs included in our city budget such as street paving, lawn care in common areas and water retention areas, maintaining our streetlights and street signs, security and signage for our two main city entrances.
1st. Place 9902 Swope Road
2nd. Place 2940 Goose Creek Road
3rd. Place 9005 Duxburry Road
Events & Safety
HOME BURGLARY PREVENTION
- Ensure shrubbery around your home is well kept reducing places to hide
- Make your home look occupied
- Keep your garage closed at all times
- Remove garage door openers from vehicles when parked outside
- Ensure doors are locked, including side doors to garages
- Use deadbolts on exterior doors
- Use floor locks on sliding glass doors for better retention.
- Don’t tempt a thief with lawn mowers, bikes, grills and other easy to remove property
PREVENTING VEHICLE THEFTS & THEFTS FROM VEHICLES
- Do not leave your vehicle running unattended
- Do not leave spare keys or fobs in your vehicle
56% of recent stolen vehicles involve leaving keys in the vehicle
- Always lock your vehicle doors
57% of recent thefts from vehicles were from unlocked vehicles
- Do not leave the windows open or partially opened
- Park in vell-lit areas
- Avoid isolated areas and parking spots
- Remove valuable items from your vehicle (wallets, purses, cell phones, laptops, firearms, etc.)
Save the Date
Fall Leaf Pick Up for Langdon Place will take place the week of November 13, 2023.
- Our vendor will only make one pass by each home.
- All leaves need to be next to curb but not in gutter.
- No branches only leaves.
- Have all leaves next to curb by Monday Nov.13th at 6:30am.
For a detailed calendar, go to our Sanitation Page.